The Romanian – U.S Alumni Association is a non-governmental organization founded in 2013 by former grantees of U.S. funded programmes, including the Fulbright Programme, Hubert H. Humphrey and Marshall Memorial Fellowships, International Visitor Leadership Programme etc. The association aims to support young people, young researchers and those at the early stages of their career while it also brings together over 50 international scholars and practitioners from a wide range of academic fields and areas of professional expertise, including social sciences, law, international relations, economics, culture, medicine, journalism etc.
The mission is grounded in the core values of its members:
• Human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights.
• Respect & Inclusiveness: We listen to and learn from one another and members of the communities we develop programs for. A healthy community embraces diversity and recognizes that all community members have a right to be heard and participate in processes that affect their lives.
• Empowerment: We believe in the power of knowledge and its capacity to enable more people to play an active role in the decisions that affect their communities.
• Collaboration: We share ideas and try to align our efforts with other institutions and organisationsdedicated to promote similar goals.
• Innovation: We seek original approaches for achieving our goals, taking advantage of creative communication for our outreach.
• Passion: We are committed to making a difference. We strive for what can be; we do not settle for what is.
Impact: We value performance and results. We set and hold ourselves accountable to high standards
Based on a young, lively, and broad-based membership, our association organizes a diverse range of local and nationwide activities to address what matters to young people in Romania and internationally.
For further information, visit www.ro-usalumni.ro